Monday 8 August 2011

Taking the word ''papa'' out of my parenting.

Hi guys,

I have been looking at this word ''papa'' within myself and wanted to see why it is we teach our children that they have to call us using those words; ''papa'' or ''mama''.

I was chatting with a friend of mine and i told her, that i am going to talk to my ex. and let her know that from now on i am going to let my children address me or call me by my name and not ''papa'' as they do now.

My friend saw this as going to far, and bullshit.
Then the other day i was talking with my younger sister on the phone and i told her the same thing and she also had a problem with me doing that and said that it would not be fair for the children and especially now that i am not living with them in their house, because me and the mother got separated it would hurt them and such and such.

And i was telling my sister that the reason why i want to do that is not because so much of my children but more because of me, because of us being parents and not investigating and take a very closer look at what we imply with some words we use and what is all behind some words we use.

First of all we  as parents are the fuckers who brainwash the children from early on before they can even speak/talk we repeat these words to them over and over till they one day say them, and then we are happy, because our children has called us finally; '' mama'' and ''papa''

and after a while comes the fucked up, because now the parents who brainwashed the children in the first place are going to us those words AGAINST their own children for the purpose of the children showing them respect so they say. And this is the only point where i came to thus far as the reason why we as parents accept and allow such a thing  to exist within ourselves and also within our families and our world as a whole.

It is us the parents who has a problem with our children calling us by our real names given to us by our parents.
In my language my dad use to say, don't play with me,'' mi no ta bo pareu'' this means literally; 'i am not your equal'' implying that he is older thus must be respected because of that or because he is the father he must be respected by that and you should not call him by his name, but by the name they told you that is o.k. for you to call them, which would be ''mama''  or ''papa'' the names they brainwashed you from early on before you could even talk. It is like preparing you for later on for what they are going to accept or not about you related to their believes of what is respectful or not. and the whole sentence: '' if my child calls me by my first name he/she is disrespecting me'' is a BELIEVE...!!!

A believe that has become a tradition that by it's first rise was never questioned, everyone accepted it and use it as if it is o.k., but without looking at it that if that believe is supporting equality and oneness or not...??

The question is am i treating, am i acting in a way that is supporting life or am i showing my children by using this 'name calling stupidity' as equals.....??

By doing this, teaching our children to call us ''mama'' or ''papa''  we are really teaching them to accept a believe where we hold dear to that has nothing to do with equality and oneness at all, but more to do with our own fear in a believe that: ''if my child calls me by my name he/she is disrespecting me'' When you on the contrary is calling them by their names, but they can't do the same with you or towards you, because suddenly it is disrespectful, and is taking you down from your pedestal of the one that has the authority and power, the one who decides. But all this is just the fear of the parent, has nothing whatsoever at all to do with the child. The child could care less about a stupid naming, because the child is innocent.

And if anyone ask any parent, to why it is that their children has to call them ''mama'' and ''papa'' you would see that their answers would all be about this respect bullshit and about their fears.

So that it is why, because i can see that within myself that i have decided to let my children call me by my name, my first name which is: Larry.

And i know already that i am going to be attacked and resisted by those involved in all this stuff.

I will keep you updated as to how it all went.....lol



Thanks.


Larry Manuela






















2 comments:

  1. hi Larry, very interesting.
    My son never calls me daddy (papa) and I see him as equal and one with me, I treat him no different then myself. We make jokes every now and then about me supposedly being the father and he supposedly being the son, lol. I have self responsibility, there is no need for a special fatherhood responsibility.

    ReplyDelete